A Nightmare on Elm Street review


 This is my first review for my Halloween horror movie review month. I’m going start out by saying that this is one of my all time favorite horror movies. Nightmare on elm street is hands down one of the greats. The horror of what Freddy can do is a very terrifying idea brought to life by the genius Wes craven. The film balances horror and gore really well. Robert Englund is terrifying and menacing with his movements and quotes he uses to strike terror into the teens he’s hunting. Freddy Kruger is very scary in this first movie and they completely ruin him on all the sequels by making him too comedic and cartooning almost ruining his horrifying presence in this first movie. Heather lagenkamp plays Nancy and a young Johnny depp plays glen and they are amazing actors and really make this movie relatable and you actually are rooting for them and you are in grossed in they’re story. It’s an original idea that made Freddy Krueger a household name. The movie is almost 40 years old it still holds up today. It’s one of those movies I can watch over and over and it’s a staple of my Halloween watch list. I give a nightmare on elm street a 9/10. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jaws review

Halloween Kills review

IT chapters 1 and 2 review